Assistant Nurse [ISA]
- The International School of Amsterdam, Sportlaan 45, 1185 TB Amstelveen
Part-time Assistant Nurse
ISA is currently searching for a part-time (60%, working Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday), Assistant Nurse, to join our nurse's team as soon as possible. As this would be a local hire contract, we can only accept applications from local residents. The start date is still to be determined.
The Assistant supports the School Nurse and helps to facilitate the educational process by providing and promoting good health, welfare, and safety of ISA students and staff. The services of the Nurse’s Office are dedicated primarily to the care of students, and the promotion of healthy habits and behaviors.
Core Job Functions:
- Assess and treat all accidents, injuries, and illness within the scope of the nursing practice that occur during school hours (to students, staff, visitors) and refer students to the appropriate medical facility for emergency/further treatment.
- Review the health status and maintain accurate records of all children on entry to the school according to school requirements/protocols and during their years at ISA.
- Record daily visits, communicate to parents, teachers as appropriate.
- Administer oral, inhaled, and topical medications to students.
- Perform general check-ups: growth, hearing, vision.
- Identify and coordinate health care for students with complex health needs and long-term medical conditions (diabetes, severe allergies, asthma, etc.) Create ECPs -Emergency Care Plan.
- Complete Nurse’s Office documentation and data recording in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Communicate with Admin staff, teachers, parents on medical matters, assess and advise of serious incidents, significant health problems, referrals, and possible child abuse.
- Assist in health education programs for students and staff.
- Help maintain a clean and orderly workspace.
- Assist the School Nurse in all tasks / follow the School Nurse's instructions and procedures to assist in the daily operation of the Nurse’s office.
- Perform other tasks as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree/ Professional degree in Nursing from an accredited nursing school or equivalent.
- Current first aid and CPR certification.
- Currently licensed nurse (worldwide).
- Preferably previous pediatric experience.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a good team player
- Able to maintain a high level of Confidentiality
- High level of Commitment
- Working collaboratively with other teams across the school
- High level of communication skills
- Confident in the use of IT
- High level of English language in written and spoken
About The International School of Amsterdam
The International School of Amsterdam, founded in 1964, continues to be a leader in education for international understanding – inspiring our diverse community of students to learn and live with purpose. At ISA, we challenge our students to discover themselves and the world around them, inspiring them to become life-long learners.
Our challenging academic curriculum embraces global perspectives and respects the identity, experiences, and aspirations of individual students. The ISA campus is both architecturally stunning and designed to provide an optimal environment for teaching and learning.
At ISA, our strengths lie within our diverse community, world-class faculty and facilities, innovative teaching practices, and confident, engaged students and staff.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
Are you interested?
Are you the Assistant Nurse we are looking for? You can apply through the form below, upload your CV with a short motivation.