Theatre Assistant / Facilities Technician [ISA]
- The International School of Amsterdam, Sportlaan 45, 1185 TB Amstelveen
Full-Time Theatre Assistant / Facilities Technician
The International School of Amsterdam (ISA) is looking for a Full-Time Theatre Assistant / Facilities Technician, this is a 50%-50% split role. The Theatre assistant will be responsible for the smooth operation and management of resources in the Theatre while working as a member of the facilities team.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Provide support for all school faculty and staff, programmes and events being held in the Theatre.
Act as a liaison for all the performance arts: music, dance, drama and performing ensembles.
- Coordinate the booking of the Theatre for all departments in the school plus any external usage by
Liaising with organizers for theater events, such as:
- School/Community programs
- Extra-curricular productions
- Music and drama festivals
- Presentations and productions
- Provide technical assistance to theatre teachers and their classes.
- Guide students who work with lighting and sound for extracurricular and curricular productions.
- Maintain orderliness of the theatre areas, workshops, and stage space.
- Create a thorough, developed risk assessment of space, thus ensuring a safe space for
students, faculty, and staff.
- Perform periodic professional checks on all tools, electrical, sound, and lighting equipment.
- Create and regulate procedures to control security and access to the theatre.
- Maintain the theatre operational and policy manuals and monitor compliance.
- Monitor the budget for theatre activities and productions, in accordance with the budget manager.
- Create and maintain scheduling procedures in order to optimize the use to best provide for
the needs of the variety of groups that use the theatre.
- Liaise with the event organizers to understand the technical requirements of events.
- Prepare technical set up of events, which includes but is not limited to handling wiring and
adjusting theater lights, programming lighting boards, setting up microphones, running
audio/visual equipment and other specialized theatre technical equipment.
- Propose and support curriculum enhancements such as DP Theatre Arts and working in the
- Keep the facilities team up-to-date with the ins and outs of the theatre in order to provide
assistance or back-up during events.
- Support the Facilities coordinator with specific organizing and administrative skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of technical requirements and procedures for the production of various theatrical and
performing arts activities.
- Knowledge of budgetary, administrative, and coordinative techniques and methods related to the operation of a performance.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including strong communication and listening skills.
- Formal training in technical theatre and previous experience in a similar role.
- Excellent organizational and logistic management skills.
- Knowledge of administrative software and technology.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends, depending upon rehearsals and performance
About The International School of Amsterdam
The International School of Amsterdam, founded in 1964, continues to be a leader in education for international understanding – inspiring our diverse community of students to learn and live with purpose. At ISA, we challenge our students to discover themselves and the world around them, inspiring them to become life-long learners.
Our challenging academic curriculum embraces global perspectives and respects the identity, experiences, and aspirations of individual students. The ISA campus is both architecturally stunning and designed to provide an optimal environment for teaching and learning.
At ISA, our strengths lie within our diverse community, world-class faculty and facilities, innovative teaching practices, and confident, engaged students and staff.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
Are you interested?
Are you the Theatre Assistant / Facilities Technician we are looking for? You can apply through the form below, upload your CV with a short motivation.